Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Compromise


I'm sure you're aware that compromise is a big part of marriage. You've probably heard many jokes about it. Like all marriage skills, compromise is an important skill to practice while you're dating.

Have you experienced compromise while dating? I did when I was dating my husband. He loved sports and I didn't. While we were dating, we went to a bunch of basketball games. It wasn't my number one choice but  I got into it! It became pretty fun! And I would occasionally drag that poor guy through Target. I want to highlight that this was when we were dating. Compromise isn't just for marriage.

I found an article online about guys compromising in dating. It says there are 5 big ways that guys will compromise when they are serious about a relationship. They will compromise their:

sleep schedule- he'll stay up talking with you
passionate interests- he'll miss a basketball game to see a play with you
comfort zone- he'll walk through Charlotte Russe with you
his social life- he'll end up spending less time with his friends to spend time with you 
his manhood- your hands are full and all the sudden he's holding your purse :)

As girls, we don't always realize how much our guys are changing for us. We need to meet them halfway. Think of ways that you can compromise the same 5 things in your serious relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment