Friday, October 19, 2012

About Me

I'll start with my name, I'm Jessica. I'm a student at BYU. I'm doing an internship about marriage and family and this blog is apart of it. 

I spent 4 years in the LDS dating world at BYU. I know the fun and the frustrations first hand. I got married a couple months ago. My internship assignment is to talk about marriage principles in dating in this blog.

Now, here's the thing. We all have attended those singles ward lessons that were about "dating" but they just talked about marriage. It always frustrated me! I thought that people were a little freaked about marriage and when the subject came up, people shut down. So I would like to avoid that. It's harder than I imagined because to get married, you have to date. But if you date, you don't have to get married. We're going to play around with this.

I would LOVE comments! Comment comment comment, tell me how you feel. What are your frustrations with the LDS dating world? What are your favorite parts?

1 comment:

  1. Hi. My name is Marc. It's so true that bishops and people talk about marriage too fast. It makes me nervous that girls I date think they have to make the decision early on whether to marry or break-up. Why can't we just date?

    ReplyDelete